VISIT THE WEBSITES LISTED ON THE SCHOOL WEBSITE
Other tidbits of current events.......
- Don't forget to vote on Tuesday.
- Third Street is supposed to be opening up again soon- under new management! I can't wait!!
- Movie Night at the H.S. at 7:00 on Friday - "Ferdinand" - refreshments will be available
- Easter Egg Hunt sponsored by the Junior Women's Club is on March 31 at Sumner Park - I am not sure of the time - but I think it is 1:00. The rain site is at the Middle School.
MAJOR SKILLS TO BE WORKING ON INCLUDE:
THE SKILLS CONTINUE - DECODING WITH WORK ON SEGMENTING AND BLENDING THE WORDS BACK TOGETHER!
- We are starting to work on subtraction and also base ten - the 10 sticks and single blocks - and even 100 sheets.
- READING PREDICTABLE TEXT-READ EVERY DAY
- KNOWING SIGHT WORDS-LAST QUARTER AND THIS ONE’S ! Some know 100%! THE REST OF US NEED TO LEARN THEM.
- WRITING SENTENCES CORRECTLY-SPACING/CAPS/ENDINGS
- WRITING NUMBERS/LETTERS WITHOUT REVERSALS -From the top down - We are still writing them from the bottom up! :(
- Spelling cvc words - beginning/vowels/ending sounds
- Recognizing nouns and verbs
- Rhymes - making it and recognizing it
- Number bonds - they are like fact families
- SOLVING NUMBER ADDITION FACTS FLUENTLY/QUICKLY(40 add problems in 3 minutes - only a few of us cannot do it.) Start to practice subtraction!
- BEHAVIOR AND PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY<<<<<< Some of us really need to work on this! Showing respect for others and property-cleaning up after ourselves - listening at group time to the teachers and classmates -doing our NEATEST work in both writing and coloring - being quiet in the hallways and bathroom. We always say do what you are supposed to do -even if no one is watching!!
WRITING LETTERS AND NUMBERS CORRECTLY - TOP DOWN AND WITH NO REVERSALS!! BAD HABITS HAVE BEEN HARD TO BREAK!
CONGRATS TO SADIE FOR PERFECT ATTENDANCE THIS YEAR!
HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE SPRING BREAK! HAPPY EASTER!
Our School Website has gotten a new look! I am still trying to get used to how to navigate it, but it is supposed to be easier and have a more updated way to relay messages to all of your different devices. You still access it at pecschools.com. You can then go to “Explore” - click on Elementary to find easy viewing of great/appropriate learning programs to work on at home. Go to “Our Staff” found in the bottom menu of the home page. Just scroll down to find my name and by blog and contact number. You will need to play with it a little bit (or maybe not), I know that I am going to have to do this alot to get more familiar with the new setup! :O
Technology glitch (my error) caused me to permanently lose the pics I took from the Fun Fair and planting on Monday. :( Mental memories will have to be it….
WE WELCOME SPRING THIS WEEK
Spring Break will begin at 1:35 on Friday March 23rd. Be sure you have a plan in place for child care and pick up.We will be gone the following week and will be expected back at school on April 3rd.Then the 3rd and 4th graders will start testing, and we will be out of the labs during this time = all the more important reason to get into those learning websites at home. (See above message.)
Mrs. Vandevorde came and helped us plant seeds for the school garden last Monday. We learned about the vegetables those seeds will become, and we actually got to see what the final vegetable will look like. We had two seeds apiece and didn’t push them down. Our class planted squash and cucumbers, I think. We heard the story Tops and Bottoms.
Jump Rope for the Heart was today! We had a lot of fun doing the multiple activities that Mrs. Peterson had planned for us, besides jumping rope. Thanks to all who made donations to the American Heart Association in the name of our school!
We had some very clever students who brought in some very creative Leprechaun Traps. Unfortunately, the leprechaun was a little more clever than they were, and he did not get trapped. Any who brought their traps in on Monday, missed their chance.
- Vision and Hearing Screening will take place with the nurse at our school this week. (Mobile Dentists are now scheduled to come on May 4th.)
- Yearbook order forms will be in Thursday’s Communicator- many have already preordered when you registered your child. I will let you know if you have already purchased one.
- Our field trip to Severson Dells is coming on April 13th. Cold lunch required.
- Save the date for the evening of May 7th. We will have the Kindergarten concert at the H.S. @ 6:30.